Re: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: Dale Blanchard (bolero@accessnv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 23:31:36 EST

> I'm just curious how many Dakota owners actually use their Daks as trucks:
> for doing 'truck' work (towing, hauling, pulling out tree stumps, etc.) or is
> this list mainly attracting Dakota owners who are looking to race?
>
> Shaun H.

I use my 73 Ford with 300 six for a truck. I use my Dakota for a car.
Push rods and ov cams have nothing to do with Hp/torque. A long stroke
engine with the cam cut for torque at low RPM will be a stump puller. A
overbore engine with a cam cut for high RPM will put out a lot of HP but
will not have any low end torque. A overhead cam will allow you to reach
a higher rpm in a over bore engine which will give even more power. But
it is not going start a heavy load up a hill around a 3 mph switchback.
That is were the diesel works best.