Re: RE: IAT Sensor Mod

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 15:54:32 EST

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:14:58 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:04:23 -0600
>From: "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net>
>Subject: DML: RE: IAT Sensor Mod
>
>It's easy.
>
>(1) Remove the IAT sensor from your intake manifold (Brass Thing on the
>passenger-side front of the intake manifold)
>(2) Install a 1/4 Pipe Plug in the hole (Can be found at any Auto Parts
>store)

                        <SNIP>

> Hey Everybody!
>
> I've heard a lot of people talk about moving their IAT sensor on their
>trucks and the performance gains they've seen. What is this? Is their a
>location that I can read about this and do it myself? I know the basics
>of engines and I work as an electrical technician, so I'm pretty sure I
>can handle this.
>
> Wait, it may have just come to me. Does IAT stand for INTAKE AIR
>TEMPERATURE?
>

> -Doug Greig
> Pulling My Head Out Of my Fourth Point Of Contact

  Hey DAKsters,

  Actually, I plugged a resistor into the IAT harness without the hassle
of removing the sensor. You can find a table of ohm values and
corresponding temps in the service manual. I used a 15k ohm resistor to
show a constant ~ 50 degrees F at all times. Never got any codes, and
mileage hasn't changed a bit. Seemed to pick up better at low speeds.

        Later,

                Russ Selkirk

--
'98 Amethyst Dakota RC R/T    '96 Black Impala SS
'87 Buick Grand National      '85 Silver Monte SS

- Port Neches,Texas ================================================= NOTE: Anti-Spam Address! Please reply to: RAS002@worldnet.att.net =================================================