Re: !!!???Replace Engine???!!!

From: DSchm18650@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 20:56:09 EST

OK...I have a very small and underpowered I-4. Thats right an I-4!!! As
anyone
with one of these does i want a bigger engine. Getting a whole new truck is
out of
the questions so i have begun thinking about replacing the engine. I know
that this
is pretty expensive but im not sure exactly how much it will cost. My
question is
if i were to replace the engine what other parts would i need to replace?
How much
would the engine cost (V-6 and V-8 prices if possible)? How much would the
other
parts cost total? I realize this is a big question and this info might not be
available but even if you only have a general price range i would still like
to hear
from you. What complications or problems would there be with this process.
Also i
know that i would have to have a shop do this for me since i'm not THAT good
with
trucks. How many labor hours would this take and what would labor be an hour
(approximently)? If there is anything I havent thought of please include all
thoughts on this. Also please include which engine you would recommend.
Thanx a
million.
--Travis

well first of all you could just about buy another truck for what it is going
to cost.
remember that the computer is different the wiring harness, the
transmission,so in other words you have to take everything for a v6 or v8 and
put it into your truck. also the suspension may not be heavy enough. the
amount of time put into this would be the big killer money wise since you
would not do it yourself

Dean
97 4X4 cc sport 5.2