Re: Re: DML ..And More Ping Questions.

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 20:58:50 EST

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Marie Pimental wrote:

> I know how you feel. I bought a 99 Lexus ES 300 in Sept. and the car is
> flawless!!! It has been the best car that I have ever owned. Hasn't been
> back to the dealer at all. My RT, thats a different story. Six times to the
> dealer just to figure out the popping noise in the bed! What a joke! Plus
> other stupid things that should have not happened. Im just waiting for my
> check from DC and going to buy a Lexus SUV.
> Wayne

   I can understand your annoyance, but a lot of that could be due
to going to a dealership with a bad service department. Plus, the
old saying "you get what you pay for" seems true in this case. If I
paid a gazillion dollars for an automobile, I'd expect it to be
flawless, too. Hardly seems fair to compare a new Lexus to a $20K
truck. If Dodge could get away with charging $30K for a base Dakota,
I'm sure they'd be flawless too. (As flawless as an automobile
can be, anyway.)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |