RE: Jon Smith and 6'ers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 00:38:35 EST

Well...let me put it this way....

When I was running the old Camaro...I was SPANKIN' Mopars (and several ZR-1
'vettes) without NOS, Blower, or any "Tricks"...just good old GM HP. She ran
12.2's @ 120 all day, topped out at 165mph, and was skidpad tested at .98 at
Sears Point. Now, I'm spanking Chevys...Fords are just an excuse to tap the
accelerator...too easy.

As for the 6'ers (or any motor at that)...It's just all about how you build
it and what it's designed for. Just make sure that you have something to
back it up with...all talk and no go isn't what us old street racers look
for...we want a challenge. And YES, i've lost myself to a faster vehicle
several times. (Wouldn't be any fun if you won all the time...that's what a
challenge is.)

I'm not "going there" any further since i've stated my piece. But i'm going
to leave the younger crowd with a simple rule of thumb for quick
trucks/cars..."You have to PAY to PLAY...HP isn't cheap."

- Bernd