RE: Stereo Upgrade Questions

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 21:21:29 EST

> The one maor complaint I have about my 99 CC R/T is I'd
> rather have an
> 8-track then that piece of junk cassete player. This isnt the infinity
> system or anything. Just the baseline junk. My question is:
>
> Is it the head unit I'm dissatisfied with or the speakers?

It's the speakers... I have the Stock CryCo AM/FM/Cass/6CD unit in my truck.
A couple of weekends ago I changed out only the rears (5x7) with a pair of
Pioneer TSA-5713's. What a difference! Next step is to replace the door
speakers with a pair of TSA-1303's, and I hope to hear even greater
improvements in the sound quality. The speakers that DC uses are cheap paper
cone speakers.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ