Re: RE: More Speakers = Louder?

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 00:26:20 EST

I basically had the same problem, I bought a set of kicker impulse for the
front ( 5 1/4 ). Hooked them up to my head unit and it was horrid. My
head is a old JVC with all of 8w rms, so it wasn't able to do the job. Put
my KA-606 amp back in and ran em with 50w rms and they are happy.

If you don't have enough power you cant reproduce the peaks and edges sound
has naturally. Basically the less power the less sharp the sound waves are
and the greater the perceived distortion.

mm

At 10:08 PM 11/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>That is correct. I had a similar problem with the Eclipe speakers. I
>replaced them first and then didn't like the sound at all. After replacing
>the head-unit (and three amps) they sound very crisp, clean, and LOUD. ;)
>
>The head-units are great for the factory setup...but that's about it.
>
>- Bernd

      // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
{ } | | | || { } mmeye@umr.edu
     [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab