Tire Guages

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 00:06:05 EST

What are the benefits of having a liquid filled tire guage compared other
tire guages. I am looking to buy a "good" tire guage, rather than relying on
those pencil type ones. I am looking for the type with a nice big 1.5"-2"
Round Face Dial, 0-60PSI, and one with a bleeder vavle built into it. I have
seem these for around $25-$40 in Jeg's and Summit's catalogs. I have stumled
across a liquid filled one for $45 and just curious about the liquid and
what it benefits are. Here is a link of the one I found for $45.......I
know, I know, it is a Toyota 4WD website, please forgive me.
http://www.off-road.com/~allpro/pics/tireguage3.jpg
Here is what the site(http://www.off-road.com/~allpro/product.html) says
about it:
"Made by Quickcar this high quality liquid filled air pressure gauge is
accurate to within 1/2 pound. Many hard core wheelers keep two different air
gauges with them, one for street pressures and a second 0-20 gauge for more
accurate reading of trail pressures. Now you can have two in one. 0-40 PSI
and accuracy to within 1/2 PSI. In stock and available for immediate
delivery. One year warranty. $44.99."
Any input??????
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6