Re: Stereo Upgrade Questions

From: Jr53080@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 08:30:24 EST

The BBE is a new controllable LOUD function. I have it on my alpine deck
(7840) but i have it turned off. Most audiophiles who have a nice system
never use loud. It can distort your speakers which in turn can ruin them.
Ususally if you walk in to a car audio store and you say anything about LOUD,
they will usually laugh at you and say to not use it. I admit that before i
had my amps and nice components, i sometimes used the BBE. The best way is
to just go in and listen for yourself. I reccommend teh Alpine 7840. It has
the BBE and also a new feature that only alpines come with. Its called teh
MDAC. Almost every CD player you will find out there has a regulated 1 bit
Dac(Data Analog Converter). The MDAC is a 24 Bit DAC. The 7840 also has 2
sets of 4V preamp outputs. I love it to death and wouldnt trade it for the
world.

JR Shaw
98 CC V8 318