Re: Stereo Upgrade Questions

From: Skip (shadowcatcher@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 09:43:33 EST

I'll cut to the chase here and say frankly, yes, your $100 could be
spent better elsewhere. BBE is a "sound shaping" system, sort of like a
equalizer, but simpler to use. If you buy the separate one from Alpine,
it has something like 8 settings. The one on the 855 has 3. It can
afford you minutes of entertainment, balancing the BBE and the
bass/treble controls for every piece of music you play, or you can set
it and forget you even have it. It does help lessen the harshness
inherent in some tweeters, but as far as I can tell, that's pretty much
it. When I got mine, the cheaper 852 hadn't come out yet, so I bought
what was available.
Skip
SoCal DOC