December motor trend....harsh truth!!

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 11:41:08 EST

All I can say is WOW! I know the R/T has been out performed "stock" vs
stock in the truck category but only because the lightning comes from the
factory with a blower. Hopefully DODGE makes a comeback by putting out a
high performance 4.7L in a new R/T or possibly a blower themselves. Motor
trend sure gave the R/T a ripping. They say the R/T fell short of being a
muscle truck....and I partially believe them. I mean come on a 5.9L 360
that only puts out 250hp stock?? They even commented on how the new 4.7L 5
spd blows it out of the water!! Harsh! Well I love my truck but I want a
faster stock truck or vehicle so I guess I'm glad I'm trading it in. Maybe
I'll pick up that new 4.7L and see what she's got! I just hate to see dodge
go to the test track with a "high performance" vehicle and lose! I know
dollar for dollar we could mod our trucks to easily outperform the Lightning
and other trucks, but why not just buy it that way? I mean 14.1 second 1/4
mile and with a factory warranty....that's what I like. I'm not about to go
out and buy a ford, but I wish dodge would jump back into the races! Just
my 2 cents!