Re: December motor trend....harsh truth!!

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 15:45:15 EST

James,
Everybody knows how slow Mopar is. Give DC a little
time to respond with the answer to this challenge.
Hopefully they'll react with a fresh engine upgrade
for the R/T. Sooner or later they need to realize or
(remember) that part of a performance package consists
of an efficient auto/manual transmission as well. A 5.7L
OHC w/5 speed would make a killer R/T. Good chance that
it would be to much for the terd lightining to compete
with. Of course if the R/T comes with auto, 5.7L and
supercharged, that will spell a timely dead to the
lighting as well. With either option available, I think
this would make the majority very happy. I'm really lookin'
forward to DC's response. One thing for sure is, it'll
tell us how much they are reading and listening. We can
only hope!

GS -