Re: Re: RE: Stereo Upgrade Questions

From: Mike Guzinski (Colorado_Kota@prodigy.net)
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 02:10:20 EST

You will not get 60wX4 by doing that. To add amp you must drop the speaker
output to a line level which removes the "power" from it then run it into
the amp. Your output rating will just be the output of the amp 30X4.
Some amps do this for you if they have speaker level inputs, if not you
will have to buy a converter or a new deck with RCA outputs.
Are you planning to buy a new head unit(cd/tape/radio) or just use the stock
one?
The speaker in your Dakota are a 6.5S (160mm) speaker that is a little
oversized, they make adapter for a perfect fit. The tweeters are I think
1.5" speakers.
Mike Guzinski
1999 CC 4x4 SLT+ 318 Auto
Colorado_Kota@Prodigy.net