Re: DML "Beauty Marks"

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 03:35:26 EST

I don't think there is a panel on my Dak that doesn't have a "Beauty Mark"

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:03:00 -0800
From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Subject: DML: Truck Definition

   A few digests ago, some gave their definition of a "truck" in response to
my question about how many were on this list who actually use their Daks for
"work". I know this will irk some of you, and I'm not dissin' your rides
(most Daks will fit this "Truck" definition) but I've seen some pretty
rediculous vehicles called "trucks" yet none of them could actually do what
truck should do if it tried. So here goes: Nomex flame suit on!

A truck is:

1. Capable of pulling at least its own weight. (Apologies to the R/T crowd,
it's not your fault!)
2. Capable of hauling half that weight in the bed.
3. Capable of handling a poorly maintained dirt/gravel road.
4. Capable of being driven in Rain/Snow/Sleet and Hail without fear of
death/drowning.
5. Must have had at least one "Beauty Mark" or it's still a Virgin!

Anything else is just a car with lots of easy access grocery storage.

Is my Dak a truck?

It can handle one and half times it's own weight on the pull.
It can handle it's own weight in the bed. (Thanks to Firestone)
It has been off-road in sand, gravel, rock and trails that can swallow cars.
It's been in Rain, Snow, Sleet, but not Hail yet... 3 out of 4 so far!
It's got 5 "Beauty Marks", complements of doors, a post, and things being
hauled.

There, said it, I will deal with the consequences! ^_^

Shaun H.

"No Blasters! No Blasters!" -any Tattoine bar owner