Re: Re: RE: 318 Hop Up, Heads VS NOS

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 08:44:46 EST

In a message dated 11/3/99 10:16:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nosdakota@email.msn.com writes:

<< How is that cam? I want to go there next but I'm hesitant to mess up
 drivability with a cam that's too radical. I do a considerable amount of
 street driving and towing and don't want to loose too much low end. >>

Love it, nice slightly rumpidy idle and I find really no adversities. I do
not tow any more but it does seem to have better power above 2500 - 3000. On
my favorite hill test course it pulls better than before the cam but as I
stated before I did several mods in the one session although most of the
others would be higher rpm improvements. The only caution is that as of my
project Comp Cams does not have valve train parts that fit the magnums other
than the cam (ie the springs, retainers and keepers do not fit I don't care
what they tell ya, you have to go with the MP springs, retainers and keepers
unless someone else makes a set that fits ?? And when Comp got me into the
big mess by telling me their stuff fit they quickly bailed out and were NO
help, wouldn't even reply to new message looking for a resolution. I am happy
with the cam but would not deal with Comp ever again.

Bill