V-10 TB On the dyno.. Almost 20ft-lbs increase over stock!! :-)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 18:26:11 EST

I'm sure alot of you V-10 owners will be happy to hear this... !! Affordable,
and now a dyno proven, worthwile modification!

Well guys, a internet customer of mine (Thanks again, Tom) bought one of my
prototype V-10 TBs at a discounted price in exchange for Dyno numbers..

Here's what he said;

From: tom@argustech.com (Tom Lawrence)
To: kabuki2@aol.com

Just got back from the dyno... I don't have the graphs in electronic form
yet, and the one printout I got was a little tough to read. I'll get this
taken care of soon. Until then, here's the numbers we came up with. We did
two runs each with the stock TB, then with your TB. The numbers below are
the best of each set of runs:

With stock TB:

Max HP - 259 @ 3900RPM
Max Torque - 387 @ 2700RPM

With your TB:

Max HP - 263 @ 4000RPM
Max Torque - 400 @ 2800RPM

This is rear-wheel HP. Figuring on a 20% power loss through the driveline,
here's flywheel numbers:

Before HP Before Torque After HP After Torque
322 482 330
500

So, the TB gave 8 HP and 18 ft. lbs. At no time did performance with yourTB
drop below the performance with the stock TB.

------

Awesome. We might tright to tweak it alittle more for opimimum performance. I
think the 10 might benefit from an even larger bore size b/c he said the
power increase never dropped below stock... so there's a overall gain too,
not just peak...

I'm excited to start getting some numbers back from these things. 8
horsepower & 18ft-lbs isn't bad at all.... considering the numbers are dyno
proven real, not estimated. (This should make alot of people happy... snicker)

I can start taking orders now, but because I dont have a large amount of
cores I'll have to talk with you first. Just send me an e-mail at
RDPerform@AOL.COM... turnaround is 24-48hrs like usual...

ttyl
Patrick
http://surf.to/rdperformance