Re: CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS!!!!!

From: Dale Blanchard (bolero@accessnv.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 22:59:35 EST

SS454454@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/07/1999 1:59:32 AM !!!First Boot!!!,
> bolero@accessnv.com writes:
>
> << How do you tell if you have CA emmisssion control. >>
> on most cars there is a sticker that says this vehicle conforms with ca (
> california ) emissions
> Rob

My 97 Dakota does not have any thing that I can find, which does not
tell me if it does or does not.
My 73 Ford 3/4 ton has no smog stuff and still passes CA smog specs at
197500 miles. and I am still paying $20.00 a year for smog checks. Even
CA stopped checking 25 year and older trucks because the were not drivin
that much.
None of my cars have failed a smog check since they were started.
It is totally revenue enhancement and not cleaner air. My smog tester
claims his testing wand is so sensitive that it gives a reading on the
smog in the air. My wife's VW always reads 00, 00 on every check. This
means it must be cleaning up the air. It has 130,000 mile on it.