RE: Champion Truck Plugs (4071) - Not good

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 18:01:01 EST

If you want, you can try one range colder. The statement from the site you
found is correct...to a point. You really want to stick with the stock
range unless you're running a (really) high performance ignition system,
high compression engine, Nitrous, blower/turbo, or constantly running at
5000+ rpm's. (None of those really apply to our trucks..even with the MSD
systems.) I've been running the factory range plugs since pretty much
day-one (Splitfire mainly) and have not had any problems. The only reason I
run a one-range colder plug is because of the Nitrous system.

Putting in a "hotter plug" is a quick-fix for oil burning engines but not a
solution.

If you're running a MSD system, stick with a regular tip plug. The
Platinums are NOT recommended by MSD.

Splitfire, Autolite, AC-Delco, NGK, Motorcraft, Champion, etc., all have
plugs for our trucks. As I stated in an earlier message, i'll post the plug
part numbers when I get into work tomorrow. (I have Autolite, NGK,
AC-Delco, Splitfire, Motorcraft, and Champion part numbers.)

- Bernd