Re: Champion Truck Plugs (4071) - Not good

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 10:38:57 EST

I have to disagree on this one. I replaced my factory plugs with 4071's at
@21k miles. Not only did my idle smooth out but acceleration improved and
the engine sounded like it was running smoother. I don't have them over
gapped and I am running the stock ignition. Maybe if you open up the gap,
they are not the right plug. But in stock configuration my mileage did not
change and the truck runs noticeably better. They may not have a special tip
as called out for by DC for replacement plugs, but if they are working for
me, doesn't that make them the correct plug?

As everyone knows, cars and trucks are not equal from the factory. Some
people install something to get good results, some bad. The last truck I had
split fires in toasted the plugs within 5k miles. I put the old 20k miles
plugs back in and the truck ran better.

I also installed and very much like my Accel 8mm spiral core wires. I have
heard several people say they are junk. I haven't found that to be the case.

You mileage may, and probably will, vary.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker.