RE: RE: Neutral drop= FRIED tranny? or other?

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 17:20:43 EST

> I was thinking diff too. but i didn't think it'd snap that
> easily. but..
> IF it were the diff. why would it still register MPH? the
> speedo was still
> moving linear to the RPMs gauge.
> -Dester
>
> << Well from past experience detonating the tranny on my old ES
> I'd venture to
> say that the diff is now ground coffee and possibly the case is cracked.
> FWD's do not like having a N-Drop done on them. DOn't worry
> about the CV's.
> The CV's are the strongest part of the jap trannies..

Probably the reading is taken within the gearbox rather than at the
transaxle. The gearbox would turn all it wants but if the Xaxle is blown you
ain't going far. I know on the ES it was taken from the right axle of the
Xaxle. But in any event that tranny is toast and it's gonna cost big bucks
to fix.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ