Re: Champion Truck Plugs (4071) - Not good

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 13:16:36 EST

This reminds me of a thread on my turbo list. There was a good bit of
problems with the platinum plugs dropping their platinum inserts into the
combustion chamber. In normally aspirated engines this isn't an issue but
for those with turbos superchargers or nitrous the extreme high cylinder
temps may cause the platinum inserts to drop out. Needless to say it caused
alot of ring problems and gouged alot of cylinder walls.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1