Re: Champion Truck Plugs (4071) - Not good

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 12:54:33 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle Kozubal <grndak4x4@home.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: DML: Champion Truck Plugs (4071) - Not good

> I think you have brought up a good point Bernd, especially for those of us
> who run aftermakrt ignitions which require a higher gap and the fact the
the
> 4071's electrode covers only half of the firing tip....as this obviously
> could hurt overall performance. I really cannot say that my Trug Plugs are
> bad, cause I do like them, especially when compared to those crappy Bosch
> +4's. A 10 minute plug swap is about the easier dran thing to do also. I
am
> running an MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel Super
> Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap and Rotor.....and yes that MSD ignition
> sure does like to eat those caps up. Ok then....if the 4071's aren't good
> for larger than stock gaps, what would be the list of spark plugs which
are?
> I don't have any problems with my Champion Truck Plugs, but soon I will
need
> to replace them. I know that MSD recommends to stay clear of those hype
> plugs and I even believe they said dont run platinum plugs with they
> ignitions......so what is left?
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

I know you like Splitfires and all Bernd, but what about the fact that they
are platinum and even triple platinum and the use with MSD systems? I found
these to be the part numbers for my application:
Original SplitFire: SF392D<-------is this one platinum too?
SplitFire3 Platinum: TP392D
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6