Re: Champion Truck Plugs (4071) - Not good

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 12:44:51 EST

I think you have brought up a good point Bernd, especially for those of us
who run aftermakrt ignitions which require a higher gap and the fact the the
4071's electrode covers only half of the firing tip....as this obviously
could hurt overall performance. I really cannot say that my Trug Plugs are
bad, cause I do like them, especially when compared to those crappy Bosch
+4's. A 10 minute plug swap is about the easier dran thing to do also. I am
running an MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel Super
Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap and Rotor.....and yes that MSD ignition
sure does like to eat those caps up. Ok then....if the 4071's aren't good
for larger than stock gaps, what would be the list of spark plugs which are?
I don't have any problems with my Champion Truck Plugs, but soon I will need
to replace them. I know that MSD recommends to stay clear of those hype
plugs and I even believe they said dont run platinum plugs with they
ignitions......so what is left?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6