Re: Cold Vs. Warm Air

From: Cale Henry Bargen (vencomatic@ameritech.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 14:02:42 EST

Here's the nutshell answer: Cool air is denser than warm air, thereby
increasing the amount of oxygen that each cylinder will inhale on each
intake stroke. The more oxygen you have, the more fuel you can mix with
it, and produce a bigger bang. (more power....argh argh argh) It's
really common with super and turbo chargers to put a device between the
compressor and the intake manifold called an intercooler. This device
cools the intake charge down considerably to regain the density that was
lost due to the compression and subsequent heating that the super or
turbo charger added.

Get it? Got it? Good.
Cale

I also did up a home brew cold air intake for my 5.2. Works great!