Re[2]: Locker for '98 Dodge Dakota =??B?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 16:01:08 EST

<<Hey, I want one too! (I sent 'em a note, but didn't get a response. Guess
they figured I'd hear it from you)>>

Ok, ok... So I've got a big mouth. :-)

<<OK, if I get this thing installed, it would make sense to change the gear
ratio at the same time. (I only have 3.21) What do you think I should get?
Bernd? 3.55? 3.92? 4.10? My tires are about stock height, and I would like
to keep SOME fuel economy. And where should I get the gears?>>

Eventually I'll probably go with lower gears (I'd like 4.10's) but I don't think
ya' need to do this with the locker. If what everybody says is true,
installation is a breeze so removing it at a later date to put some lower gears
in won't be a problem... I guess I'll find out soon enough! For me it's a $$
issue, as in I've only got enough fun money to get the locker at this time --so
the gears have gotta' wait (gotta' get two gear sets to boot as mines a 4x4).
Tom