RE: What's a good 1/4 mile for a V-6?- Attn: Dester

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 00:11:25 EST

Dester,

In all honesty, you'll beat my V6 anyday if I run out of N2O and the eRams
fail...which has happened (17.95 without anything - track proven).

The only reason I was able to run a 16.95 was with both eRams and the (old)
20HP shot of Nitrous (Sneeky Pete). Granted, she's even faster now...but
without the 100HP shot, she's still in the 17's. With better gears (not
just with tires swaps) and a little more "Test & Tune", I'm sure you can get
your Dak into the 16's. It's really not that hard and you shouldn't get
discouraged by the 17.4.

I was a little discouraged at first with the performance of my V6...but when
I finally found the right combination of parts (and LOTS of test runs), i've
finally got her where she likes to run. Look at it this way: If I put 60
series tires on the truck as it sits, she'd be MUCH faster (probably even
into the mid 15's). Again, don't get discouraged...it just take a little
patience and time. :)

Regards,

Bernd