Re: RE: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 01:58:29 EST

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999 SS454454@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/09/1999 1:28:51 AM !!!First Boot!!!,
> stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
>
> << All wheel drive is a very different animal. Didn't Mitsubishi have all
> > wheel
> > drive in their 3000? Not too many production, performance cars made with
> all
> > wheel drive. >>
>
> Yeah and in the last few years they also had a in cab tuneable exhaust
> system. What a crock. nothing like charging the yuppies a ton of $. the
> problem with the 3000 gt it was pricing itself out of the market. it was
> cheaper to buy a vette than a 50 000 $ vr4 spyder convertible. it was just
> like the nissan 300zx the supra nad the mr2 and the rx7 they all priced
> themselves out to the moon.

    Actually, they had the in-cab tuneable exhaust all along. The
suspension was also in-cab adjustable. Not to mention the active
aero system which changed the angle of the rear wing and dropped the
front air dam down. :-) All wheel drive, viscous limited slip
differentials, all wheel steering...

   I had a black '91 VR-4 before I bought my Dak. I bought it used with
about 18K on it for less than $20K. Vettes didn't pose any difficulty
whatsoever. :-) After owning it for a couple of years, I got $18K for
it as a trade-in on my Dak. (The warranty was about to expire, and it
had too much expensive stuff to break.) :-) I was around 19 when I
bought the VR-4, and I was working at Burger King at the time. A few
weeks later I took a really high roller job in the lawn and garden
department at Wal-Mart. (Yuppie?) ;-) It probably wasn't a great idea
but I have no regrets; I got just about all of my money out of it, I
certainly got my money's worth, and I had an absolute blast driving it;
its an awesome vehicle.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |