Re: RE: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 20:42:50 EST

stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< I had a black '91 VR-4 before I bought my Dak. I bought it used with
 about 18K on it for less than $20K. Vettes didn't pose any difficulty
 whatsoever. :-) After owning it for a couple of years, I got $18K for
 it as a trade-in on my Dak. (The warranty was about to expire, and it
 had too much expensive stuff to break.) :-) I was around 19 when I
 bought the VR-4, and I was working at Burger King at the time. A few
 weeks later I took a really high roller job in the lawn and garden
 department at Wal-Mart. (Yuppie?) ;-) It probably wasn't a great idea
 but I have no regrets; I got just about all of my money out of it, I
 certainly got my money's worth, and I had an absolute blast driving it;
 its an awesome vehicle. >>

Well im glad you could afford it. As for yuppie most people couldnt afford
the price they were charging for those cars new. 20 k isnt that much for
that kind of car but lets face it when something broke you prayed the dealer
didnt want your first born as colatteral. my post was meant to say they were
ridiculously priced cars. Mabey at first they were reasonable but as they got
going they priced themselves out of the market. Look at the supra toyota had
a law suit because they gave 20 000 $ rebates for the 94 year and the people
that bought it in 93 were pissed and sued. I may have the years wrong but i
know they got sued.
Rob
Rob