Re: Bike Speedo

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 08:59:05 EST

Thanks "mrdancer"

Wow some usefull information, it's been a while!!!!
SNIP
>That was me. The speedo works great, but there is a lag time with it (so
    not good for measuring acceleration), but is excellent for continuous
speed
    and a very accurate odometer. Also, it records max speed for ya if
you're
    running a 1/4-mile, or if u want to prove to the nice policeman exactly
how
    fast you were going ;-) Also, there's no light on the thing, so kinda
hard
    to read at night, but it is very useful for guaging the inaccuracy of
the
    factory speedo. I mounted mine on the tilt lever on my steering
column,
    can't see wires anywhere. Detailed info follows:

    OK, first of all, I got the idea from this webpage

    http://shell.rmi.net/~frechett/bikecomputer.html
>snip>

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna get right on it!!
stevie.o@excite.com
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 318, VIN # Registered!!!