Re: Re: Cold Vs. Warm Air

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 14:24:52 EST

Hold up here! Am I reading this right? The fresh/cold air intake will
give me more horsepower but less mpg? I was under the impression (don't
know why.) that the cold/fresh air would help out my fuel economy!? (That
was before I got all this info swimming around in my head!) So I WANT
"warm" air if I'm shooting for better fuel economy? (Uh, Oh, Maybe daddy
was right! DAMN!! :-)

So tell me if I'm right. I want better fuel economy, so instead of
running my "better breathing" intake up to the grill (which on the 4.7L
will be quite easy because there's no shroud and about a 5" or so gap
between the radiator and fender that just lets all kinds of fresh air in.)
I want to set it farther back to get the warmer air? Or should I just
forget about the mod all together? Hmmmmmm.

--TIA, Nate

>the fuel doesn't burn completely so it'll take more fuel to make the same
>amount of power
>Joe W.
>87 Shelby Charger 13.9
>98 Dakota 13.1

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 4.7L/287ci, Forest Green
Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"