Re: Cold Vs. Warm Air

From: Cale Henry Bargen (vencomatic@ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 08:43:13 EST

That other dude was right (sorry for not remembering your name) about an
IC not adding benefit to a NA engine (yay for acronyms!). Because an IC
uses ambient air to cool the intake charge, it can't give any gain: the
incoming air is already at ambient temp.

To look at one of these IC systems and all the related plumbing that
goes along with a typical turbo installation, you'd say "wow - look at
all the restriction with the long pipes, many sharp corners, and that
radiator thing down there." The reason you get away with all this is
that the compressor is capable of maintaining X pounds of boost AT THE
INTAKE MANIFOLD no matter what convolutions the compressed air has to
take before it gets to an intake valve.

I hope this was clear, guys and gals
Cale
98cc318sporty (no intercooler)