Re: Stock Intake for V8 Magnum?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 21:27:06 EST

At 05:38 PM 11/9/99 EST, you wrote:
> <snip> soooooo what is your next goal ??

I was intending to work on consistency, sign up for points in the
Street Class at Cayuga and aim for a top 8 standing. But you guys
with the 12s, 13s, and low/mid 14s are tempting me. Fortunately,
up here, I'm very competitive ... the St. Thomas Dragway owner
said that a couple R/Ts run 14.8 and 14.9 while the rest are around
mid-15s at his track. I won't be going to N2O though ... I can
barely remember to turn off the heater fan and put up the windows
at the line.

>I have a 93 Intake that I started to modify and I have a 95, still on the
>motor but could be pulled but I think you would need a 96 or newer as up til
>95 they have a setup for EGR which I think 96 and newer do not have ? Maybe
>it could be plugged or maybe the 96 and newer are the same but blocked off ?
>But if all else fails you could probably obtain one of these if need be and
>if it would work. Bill

Thanks, Bill. I had forgotten about the EGR difference. I've just started
to look for one but will keep you in mind. I was thinking of doing the
intake mod thing over the winter, past the clean air test in Feb., swap it
in for 2 years, and take it out for the next test. Also, am working on
a home-made ram air system.

Are you aiming for 11s next year? I would think that the 12s that you got
this year made the frustrating wait for the springs worthwhile.

Thanks again...I may be getting in touch with you soon.

Bob