Re: RE: 1/4 mile goal reached!

From: Michael Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 21:29:59 EST

>>I don't find that far. I have a 97 dakota v6 (sure it's a CC and a auto), but
i've done a TON more mods and I'm way in the 17.4s. Does anyone have any
clues to why my times are CRAPPY? oh yes. I have 3.55 gears, and got 60
series instead of 70 series tires (mostly for the look it got after i lowered
it 2-3) so i now have 3.80s, but my 60' and everything still sux. help!<<

dude, I'm in the same boat as you. I have extensive mods and still run 17.6. What you need is a shift kit. That'll help you saw off a good couple tenths. Also, some 3.92's will help too. Try some weight reduction like removing the spare and the tailgate, and try running with your air cleaner removed too....

-mike d.

88 6er, 3.55, Slushbox w/a 3/5 drop, headers, Hi flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler,
14x3 K&N, JET stage II, Magnecors, Daytona seats, TekStyle tonneau, H4's

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html