800+ DML messages and more importantly--SEMA

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 01:09:52 EST

Whew, my delete finger is tired. You guys have been
chattering up a storm while I was away--the Air Force was
keeping me busy playing war. Anyway, I admit I skipped
over most of it, but I caught some discussion regarding
SEMA. Well amongst the million things I did last week, I
found time and a buddy to take me to SEMA. Man was that
the coolest show in the world! I just ran around like a
little kid in Toys-R-Us, going "Look at that . . . ooh!
Look over here . . . OH BOY, oh boy, I got to get one of
those!" I didn't have time to hit even half of it (they
say you would have had to walk the 11 miles to see all of
it), but the amount of custom 4-door Daks on display was
encouraging--I really got the impression that the
aftermarket will soon be catering big time to our beloved
Dakotas. That jacked up "4Wheel&Offroad" truck (see
http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b110499.htm) left me
tripping over my tongue. I also got to see Hotchkis'
custom--wasn't too down with the grille treatment but it
didn't look done . . . the coolest part was that it had the
Viper 6 speed mated to the 4.7L! That ought to get you
2000 guys drooling. I also saw "HOT RODS" Hemi powered
Quad Cab--holy crap! I couldn't believe they could fit a
Hemi in there, but I saw it with my own eyes. Oh, and the
shaker hood that was previously mentioned is totally SWEET!
 Pro-finish/Pro-Glass makes a very high quality
product--the fiberglass hoods they had there fit and were
as strong as factory. Let's see, I also saw that Prowler
"pickup" thing but it was actually more like a T-bucket
look-a-like with its square tail. They also had an
automated Quad-Cab mounted vertically on the wall that was
split down the middle . . . the doors would open then
close, and then the entire truck would 'open' like a clam.
Oh, and as an added bonus, I think my buddy would be
willing to work some deals with us at exceptional
prices--he doesn't deal much in go-fast goodies, but can
get things like clear lenses. Let me ask him how much and
get back to the list. Next year I hope I don't have an
exercise the same week as SEMA so I can see more.

Sorry for the long message,
JY
Vegas '98 4x4 CC 5.2L 5pd