Bad Computer??!!!!

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 10:22:57 EST

I talked to a mechanic I know and described the problems I am having with
my 94 Dak Sport 3.9. I just replaced the O2 sensor, but I am still
getting an occasional engine light which turns up the code for the sensor.
Also when this happens the truck runs awful. rough, hesitation especially
on acceleration. Also, every time I run the codes, code 12 comes up:
Power(battery) disconnected within the last 50 key cycles. This is
absolutely not true. I am wondering if this is a sign of a malfunctioning
computer. My mechanic friend said it must either be the computer of the
wiring for the O2 sensor. The false battery code makes me suspicious of
the computer. Anyone have any advice?
                                                Christopher Scott