Re: 2000 tow package worth the money?

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 15:21:58 EST

It adds the class IV hitch, and the wiring plug (7
pin-- prewired for a electric brake controller-- which
made for a way easy install for me recently). My
wife's '99 5.2L 4x4 auto w/3.55 gears is 5500# towing
capacity. 3.92 nets around 700# more. I would rather
have the 3.55, because you can tow in Drive @ 65 mph
easily...whereas with the 3.92, 55-60 is MAX towing
speed in Drive (forget about OD-- same with 3.55).

5 speed should be a little higher, if not the same as
the auto.

Hope this helps (though, not 4.7L info)

Sam '00 RT, '99 Sport 4x4

=====