2000 tow package worth the money?

From: Vicredding@cs.com
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 12:06:45 EST

Putting the final touches on my dream Dakota option list and wondered about
the tow package. I am aready planning on the Heavy Duty Service group, and
wondered what the tow pkg adds. A hitch, obviously, and probably wiring, but
anything else? Anything I don't have with the HD group? Is it a good
investment, or can I get a better hitch aftermarket?

Thanks. I tried 1-800-4ADODGE, but the lady there seemed only able to get my
name and address for a brochure and was wayyyy unhelpful for tech type
questions. The web site doen't list the tow pkg specifics either.

Finally, does anyone know the towing capacity of a 2000 4.7 V8 CC 4x4 5pd?
Auto?

Thanks again. I get really jealous reading about everyones Dakota. I can't
wait.

-Vic