Re: NEW TO THE LIST

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 19:49:13 EST

At 05:07 AM 11/10/99 PST, you wrote:
>My name is Rod and I have a "94" dak 4x4, SC, 5.2, SPORT.
>I havn't made any modification to the truck other than a
>K&N filter element 31X10.50 tires and a rear sliding glass.
>Now I am really wanting to beaf up the horses and torque.
>I've been contimplating a new computer but don't know which
>one to get. I've also heard the computer doen't do all that
>much without changing cams and other big (not just ready yet)
>engine mods. Please let me know what yall think.

Hi, Rod. Welcome to the list.

The Mopar Performance computer will give you significant
gains in both torque and horsepower by itself. It requires
the use of 92 octane and, possibly, swapping the stock 195F
thermostat with a 180F thermostat if pinging occurs. I was
fortunate and did not get pinging with the computer and 92
octane. It basically advances the timing and alters the
air/fuel ratio.

The MP computer will get the full potential from other engine
mods if you decide to go that route, whereas the stock computer
will only get partial benefits out of engine mods.

'94 Dakota, manual P5249542
'94 Dakota, auto P5249545

Hope this helps.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.