snow tires-New Bridgestone Dueler Blizzak

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 21:17:42 EST

special
section just for them. They have Firestone "WinterFire" snow tires for

$51
(235/75/15). For a snow tire, you want a tall, narrow tire. Wide tires

will float over packed snow, whereas the narrower tire will put a deeper

bite into the snow. Also, I would avoid the high-mileage snow tires
(anything that's supposed to last over 40k miles) - I think the REAL
snow
tires won't have any mileage listed because 1) you want SOFT rubber
(that
doesn't

-We've been talking about snow tires the last day or two. I went into
work today and flipped out my Bridgestone truck tire catalog, and found
that Bridgestone just released a new Dueler Blizzak snow tires for
trucks. They are even made in P235/70r15's. If anyone is interested, I
can probably get them into a set for about $90 each, mounted and
balanced, in your nearby Firestone Tire and Service Center.
  If you are interested, send me a self addressed, stamped envelope,
also including your tire size, and I'll mail you a discount card that
can be presented at your nearby store for this kind of pricing.
Patrick
Firestone Tire and Service Center #0436
1919 Pulaski Highway
Edgewood, Md 21040