Re: Kelley Winter Radials for snow tires anyone???

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 23:29:41 EST

At 08:44 PM 11/10/99 EST, you wrote:
> <snip>
>However, the guy recommended me a nice set of 235/75/15 Kelley Winter
>Radials... I took a look at one, and they have a nice looking tread
>pattern... So I'm looking for any opinions?!??!??
>Oh yea.. total out the door price (including tax/mounting/etc etc etc) is
>$500 even, which includes a rather nice looking set of 15"x7" chrome rims!

The big three snow tires around here seems to be Blizzaks, Michelin Alpins,
and Yokohama something or other. Have not seen or read anything on the
Kelleys. Just a thought ... chrome rims in the winter may not be a good
choice ... will pit and rust with snow, salt, sand and H2O mixture.
As someone wrote, 'snipes' are a must ... pick a brand that suits your
budget. Hope this helps.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.