Re: Kelley Winter Radials for snow tires anyone???

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 05:39:48 EST

At 11:43 PM 11/10/99 EST, you wrote:
>you mean that 9 dollar per tire "siping" my god please don't do that unless
>you want your tires missing CHUNKS of rubber. got it siped and sure
traction
>was great, but drive it on gravel and bye bye nice tires.

All the modern snow tires are siped. That's how they improved the traction
in snow. The other area of improvement is the type of rubber compound that
is used in snow tires ... stays soft and flexible in cold temperatures.

Snow tires are not made to wear well and perform in gravel conditions or warm
temperatures.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.