Trailmaster install update/wheels BACKORDERED!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 11:10:05 EST

Well, UPS finally arrived with my five 33" BFG MT's, and the Trailmaster 4"
lift. That kit is HEAVY!!!! Two boxes that weigh at least 80lbs each!!!!
Those parts are solid!!

The Steering Stabilizer should arrive tomorrow, the skid plate next week.

Here's the stinker: The wheels (AE 589's, 15x8) are backordered until AT
LEAST next week, and I'm planning on installing the lift THIS WEEKEND!!
When I ordered almost two weeks ago Summit said they should be here in no
more than a week. Well, its been more than a week, and the ship date keeps
getting pushed back. And now I'm gonna have a lift on my truck that I can't
drive with 'cause the instructions say the stock wheels won't work!!!
AAARGH!! Or will they, with just some rub? I've got 30's on 'em now...I don't
wanna have to rent a car for a week while I wait for the wheels to come in,
but I may have too...

I've called a bunch of other wheel suppliers and I'm getting AT LEAST 2-week
order turnaround for the 6/4.5 bolt pattern our beloved, (yet freakin' HARD
to find parts for) trucks use...

Also stopped by the dealer yesterday to get a speedo gear for when I get the
33's in...they were all clueless as to which gear I would need to calibrate
from stock 235 tires to go up to 33's on a 3.55 diff...anyone know how many
teeth I need on that gear?

Arrghhhh! Just another day here in paradise!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 soon to be lifted