Re: Trailmaster install update/wheels BACKORDERED!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 13:49:46 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Killerdak@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 10:10 AM
Subject: DML: Trailmaster install update/wheels BACKORDERED!

> Well, UPS finally arrived with my five 33" BFG MT's, and the Trailmaster
4"
> lift. That kit is HEAVY!!!! Two boxes that weigh at least 80lbs each!!!!
> Those parts are solid!!
> > The Steering Stabilizer should arrive tomorrow, the skid plate next
week.
> > Here's the stinker: The wheels (AE 589's, 15x8) are backordered until AT
> LEAST next week, and I'm planning on installing the lift THIS WEEKEND!!
> When I ordered almost two weeks ago Summit said they should be here in no
> more than a week. Well, its been more than a week, and the ship date keeps
> getting pushed back. And now I'm gonna have a lift on my truck that I
can't
> drive with 'cause the instructions say the stock wheels won't work!!!
> AAARGH!! Or will they, with just some rub? I've got 30's on 'em now

Very cool that the lift came in! Are you going to start in on it this
weekend? As far as the stock rims are concerned, no you cannot use them.
They will rub alot on the control arms after the lift is installed,
something I am sure you dont want to do, especially after investing in the
lift kit. I bet that UPS man loved you!!! hehe, 5-33" tires and two heavy
ass boxes!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6