Re: Terrible mileage problem

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 17:43:31 EST

His truck has stock tires, which I think are 235-75-15, it isn't lifted; it
is bone-stock. Also, it has throttle body injection, not port type.
Do you know if his '91 computer may have any of the self-diagnostic
capabilities of the more recent types? If so, how would I go about
extracting the data?

I dont know how to retreive data on dodges but im sure its similar to GM. some people on the list should know. If its the TBi than see if the spray pattern is cone shaped and its not dribbling . it should be a smooth cone shape. also the tbi unit may need cleaning but they are normally pretty bullet proof ( very reliable. i bet its a fuel filter or o2 sensor. the o2 sensor reads exhaust oxygen and gases and sends the data to computer which adjusts fuel accordingly. have the fuel filter and air filter replaced do a tune up and replace the o2 sensor. sometimes o2 sensors go bad but they dont set off a check engine light Hope this helps
Rob