Re: HELP! I Installed my new 24# injectors today, now my truck start!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 08:04:46 EST

At 12:45 AM 11/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>HELP! I Installed my new 24# injectors today, now my truck won't start!
>Is there any special procedure? This is what I did:

>1. Started engine and pulled the fuel pump relay. When it died, I cranked it
>again to make sure the fuel pressure was at zero.

This is the recommended procedure in the FSM. Have you checked to see
if any codes were triggered when the fuel pump relay was pulled?

>2. Pulled and replaced the injectors, and reconnected the harness.

For some reason, the FSM removes the fuel rails first and then
removes and installs the injectors.

>3. Reset the computer.

Did you remove the cable from the neg. battery post before you began?
If not, any chance a fuse was blown in the PDC or fuse box junction 1?

<snip>

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.