Re: Selling my Kenwood CD Player

From: Jr53080@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 10:55:57 EST

I have always liked eclipse and have heard alot of good things about them,
but they dont have a detachable face or a flipface for protection. They do
have a policy that if it is stolen you send them a police report and they
will send you a new deck. The problem with this is that it has to be
installed by an eclipse dealer for it to go into effect and you are not
allowed to touch the wires or do anything to the deck. You have to have the
dealer change anything or your warranty goes void. They do have a cool
feature where you put in a special cd when you first get it and if the deck
ever loses power, you have to put in that same cd to get it to work again.
Its a great feature adn all but its not gona help you when Joe Schmoe has
your deck. He will just trash the evidence if he cant get it to work. I
feel that alpine is probably your best bet. I highly reccomend the Alpine
7840. It was by far one of the most popular decks this year. It has MDAC
which is a 24 bit dac. All but a very few decks only have a one bit dac. It
also has 4V preouts. They run about $400.

JR Shaw
98 Dakota Sport V8 318