Re: Durango/Dakota Q-forms (Dave)

From: Bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 20:05:24 EST

Dave Scelfo wrote:

> In my never ending saga to get as much info as possible before plunking
> down some serious change for the new stereo, I stumbled upon a site that
> sells Q-forms for the Durango kickpanels. How different are these from the
> dakota kick panels? I'd like to get these. Tell me what you guys think.
> Assuming I CAN get them, is the interior technically a "light grey" or
> a "dark grey"?
>
> --
> Dave

Hey Dave,
After seeing a set of the Q forms for a Honda I decided to put an extra set of
6.5's in my doors....higher than the stock locations, between the stock
location and the factory tweeter. It made a huge difference. The q forms were
very flimsey and will vibrate like hell. The door location is very solid.
You have to be very carefull of the placement though.......its very tight
especially if you have power windows.
If you need a measurement let me know.
Bob
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper Cowl
S/S Sport Mirrors, Sport Masters Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, F+B TB,
Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850, Three sets of Infinity Kappa's,
MTX 275x's, MTX Thunderform with 10" 7000's and a MTX 2130
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995