Re: '97 OE Computer

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 08:30:10 EST

At 11:11 PM 11/15/99 EST, you wrote:
>Now, how did you check that?
>-Dester

I used an Actron III (SunPro) scanner with its generic OBDII cartridge.
In the View Data option, there is a readout that says 'EMISSIONS'.
The data read 'CA'. If the computer had been set for federal
emission standards, it would put out a 'FED'.

I returned the scanner to the store on Sunday because it kept
loosing connection with the data link on the truck, and it
also triggered the ABS and Parking warning lamps in the dash
cluster!

I'm looking for another scanner ... been surfing the net ...
anybody have any names that I look at?

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.