RE: Tundra Commercial

From: Morrison, Dennis (DMorriso@ciena.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 08:21:04 EST

Sorry guys I just traded my Dak for a Tundra. ;) YEA RIGHT!!!! -- OK I stat'ed out the Tundra vs. Dak vs. Ram 1500 all short bed Club Cab --- here is what I found from Toy-let prospective

                Ram Dak Tundra
Length = 224 215 217.5 inches
Width = 79.3 71.5 79.3 inches
Height = 74.6 68.1 71.7 inches
Weight = 5114 4025 4644 lbs
Wheelbse = 138.7 131 128.3 inches
Turn = 45 41 44.3 feet
Clearnce = 7.7 7.1 11.6 inches

What the hell class is the Tundra? It appears with the wide body, short wheelbase and high clearance that it would flip very easily on a nice bank or rocky 4x4 run. Did they show this in the commercial? And what Lotus was it? The '98 Esprit V8 will do a 1/4 mile in 12.8 + 0-60 in 4.4 + top speed at whopping 180mph + skid pad of .98g and Slalom at 70mph -- there is no Tundra I have ever seen do any of that!!!!! So like normal (Wag the Dog) the general public will be blinded by some Producer, Director and the Billions of dollars Toy-let has. So sad! As for towing are you sure the Ram, F150 and Cheby 1500 where not going backwards? hehehe