Re: Speedo recalibrate-gears

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 13:27:34 EST

At 11:50 AM 11/16/99 EST, you wrote:
>Ok, I figure according to that equation that I'm gonna need a 28-tooth
speedo
>gear on my '96 to recalibrate properly when I go to 33" tires. I think that
>the stock gear is 33-tooth.
>
>I just called the Dodge dealer and they said the smallest gear available is
>30-tooth! Crap! Am I just plain outta luck here? <snip>

It's possible that Dodge doesn't have a speed pinion gear for 33" tires.
I think that they only put out gears for the tires they offer on the truck.

Usually, the parts person at the counter will look up on their computer
the year of your truck, gear ratio and tire diameter. I went in person,
had him look up for my '97. When he could not find it, I had him go through
the different years (in my case, 97 and up) before I found the one I needed
for the 235/75R15 tire diameter.

I believe the 33-teeth pinion is for the 215/75R15 tire diameter.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.